August is here! Yay, a new month! I’m forcing myself to be nothing but positive about August being here. No complaints about how the year is more than half over…2016 has been pretty good to me, so I’m just going to welcome August without commentary and bid adieu to July with a look back at my highlights (plus June as well because I missed doing June highlights last month):
- Trying daily vlogging for the first time. I faltered at times and wasn’t able to keep up with the daily schedule, but I’m really glad that I tried Vlune and I can’t wait for Vlogmas.
- Reading All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
- My college reunion and my friend’s wedding were by far the best moments with the best people.
- Discovering two delicious brunch places. Venus in Berkeley where I tried raspberry chocolate flapjacks for the first time and Universal Cafe where I had the most delicious English muffin breakfast.
- I didn’t really write about it, but my birthday was in July. In general, I don’t like birthdays. I’ve found that they’re usually full of disappointments and/or diving into a deep hole of self-reflection to the point of being unhealthy. This year was different. I might write a more complete post about it at some point, but I felt like I accepted the coming of a new year with grace and gratitude and was thankful for all the good little things that comprised my day — from a coworker getting me a celebratory chocolate croissant for breakfast to teaching my uninterested family about Pokemon Go after our dinner together.
- Trying paddle boarding for the first time and discovering a little cove with an underwater forest!
- Taking my family to brunch at the Grand Island Mansion.
- Going to the California State Fair for the second year in a row. Vlog to come soon!
- Getting some of Zoe’s Sweet Inspirations range. It smells awesome and I still love all of it.