Since I’m new to the blogging world and Google analytics tells me that people other than my mom are reading this, I thought I’d help us get to know one another better by sharing the first seven random facts that popped into my head while writing this post. But to make it a little more interesting, I’m styling it like the game “2 truths and a lie.” So here are six truths and a lie; can you guess which one is untrue?
- The first website I created was through an AOL template in the 90’s and it was a blog dedicated to our new cat with a little baby face, who we aptly named Baby Cat. The website never took off – could’ve been because of its limited scope or perhaps because I forgot the URL and how to access it.
- Michael Scott is my all-time favorite television character.
- I loved to run everywhere as a kid and would often be in such a rush that I’d run into doors and walls and trip and fall. One time at church camp, I fell hard on my face, getting a lot of dirt in my nose in the process, so when my nose started to bleed, it came out different colors other than just the traditional red.
- The first hip hop/R&B song I ever remember hearing was “No Diggity” by Blackstreet, featuring Dr. Dre and Queen Pen back in 1996. My parents wouldn’t let us listen to rap or hip hop for a few more years, so I heard it on the radio while in my teammate Monique’s mom’s car. Hearing such a new sound for the first time and the fact that she had all the windows rolled down while she blasted her music and let one of her kids rest their feet out the window (something we’d never get to do in my family) made it a memorable car ride for little Leigh.
- I have saved two Nigerian princes from sure financial ruin, thanks to the power of email in helping people around the world make connections.
- I read each of the Harry Potter books in a one day span. As they started getting longer, I started waking up at midnight to make sure that I’d have enough time to get through it without going into the next day.
- I invested in the Veronica Mars Kickstarter movie project.
It’s a two way street – don’t forget to leave a random fact about yourself in the comments!